Accounting for Agriculture
Farming is unique. There are few other types of business that rely on living produce, whether it’s crops or livestock. That makes farm accounting more complex than other businesses when it comes to assets, liabilities, costs and revenue.
At Cottons, we assist our farming clients in adding value to their businesses. Our experienced team have worked with the agriculture sector for many years and are able to offer a number of services and support including:
- A range of accountancy services including VAT advice, bookkeeping, statutory & management reports and financial forecasting.
- Capital gains tax planning
- Succession planning and minimising inheritance tax
- Our full array of tax advisory & tax planning services
- Specialised audit reports
- Assistance with raising capital and grants.
- A vast array of business planning and advice services.
Cottons are also able to assist on the upcoming Making Tax Digital legislation from the HMRC and can offer software support options adding further value to your business.
Our local offices provide support to local businesses with sound tax and accounting advice and good local economic knowledge.