Small Businesses Accountants
As a small business, there are good reasons for hiring an accountant at different stages of your company’s growth. From a business plan to company formation, loan application to a government audit, an accountant can make life easier for you at each step.
Choosing Cottons will save you money
Like all small business owners who are looking to save money, you may think you can’t afford an accountant. But look at how long it would take you to do certain tasks (such as taxes), and ask yourself, is that a good use of your time?
For example, let’s say it takes you 10 hours to do your taxes, and your time is worth £100 an hour. That’s a cost of £1000 to do your taxes yourself. And there’s always the risk you’ve made errors – especially if you’re multi-tasking like most business owners.
However, if you get an accountant to take care of time-consuming tasks like taxes, it’s quite likely they will cost less per hour than you would pay yourself. You’ll not only have extra time to free you up to generate revenue, but you’ll have peace of mind that an expert is taking care of the details.
Small business accounting can quickly become complex if you do it on your own. If you feel you’re losing control of who owes you money and how much, an accountant can help you get back on track.
How we can help
Cottons can assist your business with:
- The start-up of your business
- Setting up a limited company for your business
- Raising finance, cash flow management, forecasting and grant applications for your business
- Preparing statutory year-end accounts
- Preparing monthly management accounts
- Assist with cloud computing solutions for your finances ensuring your business is “Making Tax Digital” compliant
- Ensure you are fully tax compliant.
- Preparing your VAT returns
- Preparing financial forecasts, measure and report your key business metrics.
- Manage payroll and bookkeeping
Speak to Cottons for a FREE consultation
To arrange a meeting or simply to contact us to discuss any query we have click here.