Cottons are seeking a Payroll Administrator to join their growing team in Daventry who will be responsible for multiple client payrolls consisting of UK Ltd companies, partnerships and sole traders.
There is some flexibility with regards to the working hours for this role and applicants looking for a part-time role will be considered.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, key duties include:
- Processing payrolls for all third party client employees on a weekly, fortnightly and/or monthly basis
- Calculating PAYE, NI, SSP, SMP, SPP and other payments as required on behalf of clients (eg student loans, travel loans, expense payments)
- Reconciling client payrolls ensuring all payrolls processed are accurate and on time
- Setting up new payroll schemes for clients with HMRC, and supporting them through the first few payroll cycles
- Responsible for CIS payroll schemes and salary sacrifice benefits
- Dealing with all client, employee and HMRC payroll queries
- Ensuring clients are aware when PAYE payments should be submitted to staff and HMRC
- Maintaining accurate employee records and checking payroll updates and their input through the system
- Ensuring all RTI submissions are processed accurately and on time
- Ensuring all pay slips are processed and managing the submission of pay slip files
- Processing all End Of Year client payrolls in accordance with client contracts and HMRC guidelines (P45s, P46s, P38s etc)
- Reconciling payroll reports on a monthly basis, preparation of BACS payments for net salaries
- Reconciliation of client monies and undertaking audits for data quality
To be considered for the role you should ideally have experience of working in a high-volume multi-payroll environment, with up to date knowledge of UK payroll regulations, year-end processes and payroll rules.
Experience of RTI and auto-enrolment processing is advantageous as you will be taking responsibility for all end-to-end payrolls, and you should also be a self-starter and able to work under your own initiative.
Experience of working in another Accounting Firm or Payroll Bureau would be a distinct advantage (although not essential), as would good working knowledge of working in Microsoft Office and payroll systems such as Iris or Sage Payroll.
At Cottons, our success is built on recruiting, retaining and developing the best available people. We offer a range of benefits and an enthusiastic team environment, where your talents are allowed to show. We are a forward thinking company built on the understanding that our team of staff is our strongest asset.
What we offer:
A competitive salary and holiday package is offered with additional benefits such as healthcare and pension schemes.