Have you eaten your frog today?
We all know that prioritisation and time management are important but, more often than not, we put them off and it isn’t long until things have built up.
Mark Twain once said that if the first thing you do each morning is to eat a live frog, you can go through the day with the satisfaction of knowing that it is probably the worst thing that is going to happen to you all day long.
Your “frog” is your biggest, most important task, the one you are most likely to procrastinate on if you don’t do something about it. If left alone it will “ribbit” on at you all day.
If you have to eat two frogs, eat the ugliest one first.
This is another way of saying that if you have two important tasks, start with the biggest, hardest, and most important task first. Discipline yourself to begin immediately and then to persist until the task is complete before you go on to something else.
If you have to eat a live frog at all, it doesn’t pay to sit and look at it for very long.
The key to reaching high levels of performance and productivity is to develop the lifelong habit of tackling your major task first thing each morning. You must develop the routine of “eating your frog” before you do anything else and without taking too much time to think about it.
About AHR Consultants
AHR Consultants (formally Abbey HR) have been supporting businesses across the UK since 2007.
Over the years we have seen our service and our team develop, recruiting the best CIPD qualified HR consultants.
No hidden fees or small print, just services you require.
Some key information about us:
- Ninety-three percent of our clients renew each year. Many are still with us after ten years
- Clients have found the number of employment disputes reduced when they engaged us
- Our consultants have a wealth of knowledge with over 100 years of experience
- We work closely with our clients who often regard us as important members of their team
- Our services are built around your requirements and your budget
- Our HR/employment law, and health and safety experience covers all sectors and all sizes of business
- We offer CPD accredited leadership development training