We are here to help
Consultants, Freelancers and Contractors
At Cottons Chartered Accountants we combine smartphone accessible, cloud-based bookkeeping software with robust accounting services and quality tax advice to provide consultants and freelancers with everything they need to manage their records and operate in the most tax-efficient manner.
We'd like to share our expertise with you...
Individuals providing their services on a freelance or consultancy basis and invoicing as a sole trader or through a Limited Company require bookkeeping solutions which are quick and easy. They also require tax and accounting services which ensure tax computations for self-assessments, corporation tax and VAT returns are managed effectively.
Consultants and freelancers can be found in all industries but are universally united by their fundamental structure which, as a rule, is a high volume of income with a low number of transactions. For this reason, consultants and freelancers are working smart when it comes to the accounting solutions they need.
By offering our freelance and consultancy clients with cloud-based bookkeeping software and access to a dedicated accountant we bridge the gap between employing a knowledgeable accountant and using online accounting services to ensure contractors can enjoy the best of both worlds.
Are you affected by the off-payroll working rules (IR35)?
You’ll need to consider the off-payroll working rules if you:
- Provide your services to a client through your own intermediary
- Hire people who provide their services through an intermediary to public sector clients
The intermediary can be:
- A worker’s own limited company – known as a personal service company (PSC)
- A partnership
- Another individual
Cottons can assist your business with many aspects including:
- The start-up and formation of your business
- Setting up a limited company for your business if required
- Raising finance and assisting with any grant applications for your business
- Preparing statutory year-end accounts
- Assist with cloud computing solutions for your finances ensuring your business is “Making Tax Digital” compliant
- Ensure you are fully tax compliant.
- Preparing your self-assessment tax returns
- Manage any bookkeeping required
Here to help you
By choosing Cottons you will ensure that you and your business are not at risk of incurring and penalties from HMRC.
We understand that choosing an accountant for your business can be daunting, that’s why we offer a free, no-obligation meeting with a member of a team to help answer any of your questions. Click here to fill in our short form and a member of our team will get in touch